The Assistive Technology Support Service has been sifting through various tools that might meet the many and varied needs of teachers and pupils as Chromebooks roll out across Highland schools.
PDF annotation seems to be a significant need.
Many pieces of teachers’ work for pupils already exist as PDF worksheets. The ability to annotate such material opens up many opportunities for pupils to interact directly with these worksheets as we move towards 1:1 device availability.
Kami is a good example of such a well-functioned tool to allow pupils to:
- Digitally answer questions directly into the workspace
- Comment directly on PDF texts
- Draw shapes and diagrams to express knowledge and understanding
- Utilise text-to-speech to support those with reading difficulties
- Kami integrates with Google Classroom and Drive so files can be shared easily in both directions.
Get your Kami Chrome extension here.