Teachers from 25 different schools attended the ATS Service courses on Embedding ICT in the Primary Classroom over 3 days in October.
Aspects of the days:
- Teacher preparation and use of ICT in presenting to the class to develop visual and auditory, interactive teaching and learning styles.
- The growing importance of projectors, laptops, and interactive tools in the classroom.
- Use of interactive tools (more than just whiteboards) for engaging children with lessons.
- Use of Softease Studio Plus in covering multiple targets across a range curricular areas.
- The use of digital photography in a project to encourage collaborative and co-operative practice.
- Planning for writing (NL) using Inspiration software and digital photographs.
- Consideration of the naturally occuring inclusive practice made possible by using accessible materials generated and delivered via ICT.
- Utilising Microsoft’s free PhotoStory3 software for the creation of a multimedia presentation.
Participants reported that they had been given insight to new tools and a range of ideas for the integration of ICT across the curriculum.More similar courses in the next CPD Calendar.Trainers:
- Alan Stewart, ATS Service Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Roberts, Dev. Officer ATS Service email@example.com